Friday, August 11, 2006

Chan Wu Gong Fu


For those that don't know, i'm at a Kung Fu school near Dengfeng, Henan Province in Central China. I have survived my first week here, and can say that, as of this morning, after a bout with fluidity, everything is "solid." We train three times daily, starting at 5am with running and stretching.
Here's the school's website: http://www.chanwugongfu.com





Check the videos and the training schedule.



















Things you use daily that are unavailable at Chan Wu:
Mr. Crapper's illustrious porcelin invention
mattresses more than an inch thick
air conditionining
hot water
bread
television
communication devices
a washing machine

Things we do have:
dogs
fresh figs from the tree in the courtyard
a training dungeon
medieval weapons

Here's the pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiru-sensei

more to come later. These computers are killing me. Next week will be my first real week of training. I trained monday afternoon to thursday this week, let me tell you, i may be a pretzel by the end of this. We got our Chi Gong belts yesterday so maybe i will break iron bars with my eyebrows before i leave. I can update on fridays or saturdays, as those are our days off, at least for now. I figure by next week i should be about Bruce Lee status, or at least Jackie Chan. Feel free to comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home